Why Choose Osterlund Architects?
We deliver a high level of architecture and interiors service and design. We give attention to detail and we provide strong leadership to our clients, our design consultants and in the field with contractors.
We take the initiative to listen, ask questions, learn from the client and thoroughly investigate and document existing conditions. We confirm project goals and present design concepts and basis-of-design materials. We develop the design to incorporate details and deliver drawings, outline specifications and cost estimates.
We respond to Owner design review comments and produce clear, concise construction drawings, project manuals and final cost estimates. We complete the Owner reviews and obtain approval to bid.
- Perform engineering coordination for site, structural, building envelope, and MEP
- Complete construction detailing
- Assign bid alternates, allowances and unit prices
We prepare and issue the bid documents, lead the pre-bid conference and issue addenda. We conduct the bid opening, issue a certified bid tabulation and assist the Owner during the preparation of the Construction Contract.
- Provide concise, accurate communication with bidders
- Conduct pre-bid site visit
- Provide timely responses to bidder questions
We develop respectful relationships with the construction team; we are responsive and responsible. We maintain clear communication among Owner, General Contractor and Design Team. We are diligent in the closeout process and documentation.
- Establish and maintain clear communication with Owner, Contractor and Design Team
- Track and prioritize responses to RFI’s, submittals and change requests
- Conduct weekly site visits and monthly progress meetings
- Establish and maintain an organized approach to Pre-final, Final Acceptance and Closeout
We have relied on our effective leadership and communication as the industry experiences labor shortages, material delays, and pricing increases. We perform cost estimating in-house with our consultants. We are accurate because we discuss real-time costs and delays with contractors. We reference multiple sources for each cost line item; we do not rely on a single database source for costs.
During construction, we provide a thorough review of change order requests, commenting and rejecting costs that are not acceptable. We regularly review construction schedules and progress updates with the Contractor.
Our $3.2 million Wake County Board of Elections Renovation was completed in 2021 — only one month behind the original schedule, despite the pandemic and material delays.